We call ships ‘she.’ We call our war machines ‘women.’ We compare women to black widows and vipers. And you’re going to tell me it’s not ‘lady-like’ to scream, to take up space, to fight and demand respect and do whatever the hell I want. You’ve looked at nuclear bombs and been so in awe that you could only name them after women. Don’t try to down-play my power.
I want to frame this and put it next to my computer.
If anyone’d like to know more about why we use feminine pronouns for certain nouns in English, look up the etymology. More than likely, the origin language, unlike English, has obviously gendered nouns/verbs/endings/etc [called grammatical gender]. I know this specifically to be the case of the Latin word for ship, “navis.” It is feminine and is the root of the family of words related to “navigate.” For this reason, many sea-deities and goodlucks are feminine.
- 8 to 5: What's the hardest drill set you've ever had?
- Straight Leg: How much of your freshman show did you actually play and march?
- Bicycle Step: What's the biggest mistake you've ever made on the field?
- Crab Step: Has your band ever had a percussion feature? What was your favorite part?
- Jazz Runs: What is the most memorable story you have about the color guard?
- Parade Rest: Which competition was your favorite?
- Body Work: What is the coolest visual in your show?
- Mark-Time: Who's the best marcher in your section?
- Home Hash: Do you have a field judge story? How does it go?
- Home Sideline: What is your favorite stands/pep tune?
- Visitor Hash: Of all the band that you've met, which one was the nicest and why?
- Visitor Sideline: Which one was the rudest and why?
- Stands/Bleachers: Rate your stands dancing on a scale of 1 to 10.
- Goal line: What is the most memorable game you've had?
(yelling) gay (normal voice) lesbian (muttering) bi….. sexual……. (confused whispering) tr…………… tran…….. trans…………..ss…………………………… (booming voice in the background) ＳＴＲＡＩＧＨＴ ＡＬＬＩＥＳ
This sums up representation of LGBT pretty damn well
(sign language) pansexual (morse code beeps) asexual
(Ancient language of the elder gods) Nonbinary
(smoke signals) aromantic
(interpretive miming) polyamorous
neckbeards are irritating. i’m not talking about people; i’m referring to the collection of hair on my neck. i hate that hair even grows south of my ears and shaving my neck makes me feel like i’m moments from slicing something more important than keratin.